Glass Plate Negative
The third Bridgewater Academy building is located at the south end of Central Square. The original Academy building, built around 1800, was located on the northeastern part of the then-emerging public square. A fire in 1822 destroyed the original building and a replacement was built on the southern end of the town square. The 1822 building was replaced by this Italianate structure in 1868. Though the Academy closed in 1875, the building was taken over by the town of Bridgewater for use as the public high school.
Bridgewater, Massachusetts Glass Plate Negatives Collection
"Bridgewater Academy" (digitized 2012). Bridgewater Image Gallery. Image 1.
Available at: http://vc.bridgew.edu/bridgewater_images/1
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.