Date of Award
Submitted to The Graduate School of Bridgewater State University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Degree of Master of Arts.
Master of Arts
- Chapter 1: Cormac McCarthy’s The Road and the Philosophy of Emmanuel Levinas
- Chapter 2: Proximity, Justice, and Memory: Elements to Rebuild an Ethical Society
- Chapter 3: Violence in The Road: The Face, Killing, and Freedom
- Chapter 4: Investigating God and the Other in McCarthy’s The Road
- Chapter 5: Engaging the Other: Exploring Language in The Road
Jadwiga Smith (chairperson)
Murphy, Ashley Elisabeth. (2013). The Ethical Philosophy of Emmanuel Levinas: A Phenomenological Approach to Cormac McCarthy’s The Road. In BSU Master’s Theses and Projects. Item 1.
Available at https://vc.bridgew.edu/theses/1
Copyright © 2013 Ashley Elisabeth Murphy