Glass Plate Negative
Broad Street railroad crossing, looking south, circa 1890. The station on the right is the “old” railroad station, built in 1846, located at Broad and Spring Streets. On the left is the freight station. The crossing tender’s shack is on the right. The Old Colony Railroad served nearby manufacturers, including the Bridgewater Iron Works, the Perkins foundry, and the Bates and Hyde cotton gin plant. By the late 1800s, Bridgewater was served by three railroad stops: Broad and Spring Streets, Flagg Street crossing, and the South Bridgewater station in Titicut.
Bridgewater, Massachusetts Glass Plate Negatives Collection
"Broad Street Railroad Crossing" (digitized 2012). Bridgewater Image Gallery. Image 5.
Available at: https://vc.bridgew.edu/bridgewater_images/5
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.