Glass Plate Negative
Carver’s Pond, named after Bridgewater native Eleazer Carter, is located off Summer Street south of the Bridgewater State University campus. Carter is credited with refining the art of the cotton gin; he ran the Bridgewater Cotton Gin Company at this location from 1816 to 1822. After the cotton gin company closed the area was used for recreational purposes including fishing, swimming, canoeing, and ice skating.
Bridgewater, Massachusetts Glass Plate Negatives Collection
"Carver's Pond" (digitized 2012). Bridgewater Image Gallery. Image 23.
Available at: https://vc.bridgew.edu/bridgewater_images/23
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.