The Methodist Episcopal Church at the corner of School and Cedar Streets. The congregation was formed in 1874 and at first met in a small meetinghouse on Cedar Street. The congregation purchased the meetinghouse (originally the Swedenborgian Church building) in 1879 and renovated the space several times over the next thirty years. In 1913 Mr. and Mrs. Ferdinand C. Gammons, original members of the M.E. Church, purchased the property at the corner of School and Cedar Streets for a new permanent building. This stone building, known as the Gammons Memorial Methodist Church, was dedicated in 1914.
Bridgewater State Normal School and College Postcards
"M.E. Church, Bridgewater, Mass." (digitized 2010). Bridgewater Image Gallery. Image 31.
Available at: http://vc.bridgew.edu/bridgewater_images/31
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.