Glass Plate Negative
The new Old Colony Railroad station was erected in 1893 on Broad Street just south of the original station, which had been built in the 1840s, when the railroad first came to Bridgewater. The new depot, a rock-faced granite structure, accommodated rail passengers until 1959. When commuter rail service to Bridgewater began anew in 1995, insufficient parking in the area forced the relocation of the station a half mile south to the Bridgewater State College campus. The original 1846 railway station is at left of image. The 1893 station building still stands and is now a Burger King restaurant.
Bridgewater, Massachusetts Glass Plate Negatives Collection
""New" Railroad Station" (digitized 2012). Bridgewater Image Gallery. Image 22.
Available at: http://vc.bridgew.edu/bridgewater_images/22
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.